[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.danceogledalo.com • Виж темата - Nick Mullens remembers getting the phone call from Archie M

Nick Mullens remembers getting the phone call from Archie M

ХАЙДЕ да танцуваме, малко и на думи. Често задавани въпроси, много отговори и дискусии ;-)

Nick Mullens remembers getting the phone call from Archie M

Мнениеот panxing18 » 18 Яну 2019 09:50

SANTA CLARA , Calif. (AP) —inviting him to the prestigious Manning Passing Academy two summers ago.Mullens savored the chance to take part in the four-day clinic run by Archie and his two NFL quarterback sons, Eli and Peyton. Mullens especially relished the opportunity to watch Eli Manning take part in some of the drills.“To see how he moves in the pocket, he has very quick feet and is just very smooth,” Mullens said. “I definitely remember just sitting there and watching him throw. I took that all in.”Mullens now will get another chance to see Manning up close when he makes his second career start for the San Francisco 49ers (2-7) on Monday night against Manning and the New York Giants (1-7).Mullens is coming off a scintillating debut, completing 16 of 22 passes for 262 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions for a 151.9 passer rating in a 34-3 victory over the Oakland Raiders. That’s the highest rating since the merger for a player in his debut with at least 20 attempts.Things might not be as easy now that the Giants have an idea of what Mullens can do.“I think they’re going to be like, ‘Oh crap. This guy is good,'” running back Matt Breida said. “I think they’ll put more people back there to cover because of the throws he made and can do.”While Mullens is just getting started, Manning is nearing the end of his career as he plays his 15th season for a team that is struggling mightily. New York has lost five straight games and the questions are mounting about how much longer the two-time Super Bowl MVP Manning has as quarterback.“I think there’s urgency to get things going, for sure,” Manning said. “We got to get some wins. We got to get going, and everybody wants it. The team needs it, for the morale and for just the hard work and everything we put in. Just need to reap the benefits of the work, and feel good about what we’re doing.”Here are some other things to watch:SPLENDID SAQUONRookie Saquon Barkley has been a rare bright spot for the struggling Giants, topping 100 yards from scrimmage in seven of his first eight games. Barkley has been a bit hit and miss with 16 runs for negative yards, tied for fifth worst in the league, and 11 plays that gained at least 20 , which is tied for second most among running backs. Barkley is just the ninth player to gain at least 1,000 yards from scrimmage in the first eight games of his rookie season.“I’m not one of those guys that says, let me see my stats, let me see how much I ran for this or that. I just play,” he said. “I’m not going to stand here and lie, I am very active on social media, so there’s fan pages of me and I can go on Instagram or even on my explore page and they just happen to pop up. I’ve seen predictions of what I’m capable of doing, but it means nothing to me.”PRESSURE POINTThe struggling pass rush for the 49ers broke through in a big way last week with eight sacks against Oakland. Cassius Marsh led the way with a career-best 2 ½, and Dekoda Watson had 1 1/2 in his first game after coming off IR. San Francisco had eight sacks in a game only once in the previous two decades, doing it against the Rams in 2009.KITTLE’S CATCHESSan Francisco tight end George Kittle has been a big-play threat all season. He had a 71-yard catch and run last week against the Raiders, making him the first tight end since Rich Caster in 1972 to have two 70-yard catches in the same season. Kittle ranks second among all tight ends with 692 yards receiving and is second to Barkley among all players with 496 yards after the catch.STRUGGLING FRANCHISESTwenty-eight years after these franchises met in the best matchup in “Monday Night Football” history, they now play in one of the worst. Back in 1990, the 49ers beat the Giants 7-3 in a matchup of 10-1 teams that provided the highest winning percentage ever for a Monday night game played after Halloween. The teams come into this meeting with a combined winning percentage of .176, the second lowest for a Monday night game played Nov. 1 or later. The lowest combined winning percentage is .167 for a matchup of the New York Jets (3-9) and the Chargers (1-11) in 1975 that featured Hall of Fame QBs Joe Namath and Dan Fouts. During the preseason, I wrote a piece on Jullian Taylor in which he dominated the Cowboys reserves. Being a seventh round pick, it appeared the 49ers found a diamond in the rough. Yet once the season started he was never activated until two weeks ago. Marcell Harris, another late round pick (round six) , was dealing with rehab of an Achilles injury and started the season on injured reserve. He was eventually activated once deemed healthy. I’m sure drafting injured players brought up those bad Trent Baalke memories we’ve been trying to escape for a few seasons now. With the season winding down it appears the 49ers are starting to take a look at some of their picks in real live game action. In looking at Taylor’s draft profile and scouting reports, he has good size and strength, but durability was a concern after missing two college seasons due to lower body injuries. Harris’ profile rings a similar bell, he has the prototypical size for the safety position, good closing speed, but again, limited playing time due to a lower body injury. We’ll look at some tape from last week’s game versus Seattle. There was some good and some bad, but overall I think both players fit a role. We will start with Jullian Taylor.Taylor has good strength but struggled to disengage from blockers versus Seattle. He lacks hand technique, and doesn’t really have any “moves” to defeat blockers. His only technique currently is the bull rush. In the clip below he runs right into the offensive tackle, gets stone-walled and the play goes on, ineffective.Also as a rookie, he lacks overall play awareness. In the clip below, the Seahawks run a jet sweep right by Taylor. In the future I hope to see him gain more experience and start to recognize plays and formations with anticipation.When he can get around blocks, Taylor is a disrupter. He’s a solid tackler, even though he doesn’t close the deal on this next clip. Most of the game, if he got his hands on someone they were going down. The challenge for him will be disengaging blockers and making plays consistently. We also get a sneak peek at Harris coming in to finish the play off here. More on him later.One thing I can say about Marcell Harris is that he never shies away from contact. He’s a physical tackler — to me he plays more like a linebacker than a safety. Most of the game versus Seattle he played down in the box. There are some successful safety/linebacker hybrids, like Deone Buchanan in Arizona , or Mark Barron in Los Angeles. Both players were safeties in college and eventually made the move to linebacker permanently with their respective teams. His aggressive play comes with pros and cons as we will see below.Let’s start with the bad. Harris needs more work on his coverage skills. He also needs to tame his aggression. While an in-the-box safety needs to be fierce he also needs to be smart and not overreact. In the play below, Harris is so keyed on the run, he’s nearly 3 yards into the backfield before he realizes it’s a play action pass, and it goes for a big gain. There were several plays like this from Harris on Sunday. I hope to see him improve his awareness in the coming weeks. What I love about Harris is his “contact courage.” I stole that phrase from Donte Whitner. He used it several times in describing Ahkello Witherspoon’s issues with closing and tackling during his very candid Instagram film review. I wonder if Whitner would love some of these clips below.We have a cameo from Taylor in somewhat of a spy role, watching Russell Wilson as he breaks contain. Once the ball is dumped Harris quickly closes and tackles the runner. Harris looks stiff and unnatural back pedaling into his zone, but once the ball is delivered he changes to attack mode instantly.The following play was a 3rd and 2. Harris does a good job of sticking his nose in and getting to the ball carrier. The runner is stopped before the first down.In our next clip, Harris shows his ability to shoot the gap and make a play. Again he plays more like a linebacker than a safety. I feel like he might be a little more physical at the point than Jaquiski Tartt, but Tartt plays under control and is much better in coverage than Harris. I could see Harris being moved to a linebacker type of role if the team gains some depth at the safety positions, similar to Eric Reid last season. Versus the Denver Broncos I anticipate both players will continue to get snaps with the first team. Harris could possibly start again given the injuries in the secondary. The Broncos offense is not as formidable as Seattle, but they do have a solid running game. They currently rank ninth in offensive efficiency, and 17th in points per game. In comparison, the 49ers defense ranks 25th in defensive efficiency and 29th in points allowed per game. Denver will be without their leading receiver, Emmanuel Sanders, which will help our defense crowd the line. Nonetheless, I’m sure the Broncos staff already has their weak links picked out and intend to exploit them. The challenge on Sunday will also be offensively. Can Nick Mullens and Jeff Wilson lead the 49ers to victory against a highly ranked Broncos defense? Can we look forward to Dante Pettis building on his solid performance from the last two weeks?I’ll also look forward to Harris and Taylor building on their current NFL resumes. Go Niners!
panxing18
МЪДРЕЦ

Re: Nick Mullens remembers getting the phone call from Archi

Мнениеот veranix » 12 Апр 2019 03:37

veranix
МЪДРЕЦ

Мнениеот veranix » 31 Май 2019 14:47

veranix
МЪДРЕЦ

Мнениеот veranix » 25 Юни 2019 22:10